Filed under: Conferences
Well normally I like to live blog as a way of taking notes and sharing them during the sessions. But the conference venue at the Hynes Convention Center didn’t have the greatest of wireless connections available. Guess I need that new iPhone with Safari web browsing! 🙂
I was also pretty busy at the conference this year, which didn’t really leave much time for blogging. I had 5 presentations that I was involved in, participated on the program committee, was inteviewed by Bill Vilberg of the University of Miami for a podcast, and conducted a video interview with Blackboard. Whew!
Anyway, I’m still working on posting my notes on my dedicated BbWorld Conference Blog. I’ll have them done soon! Ed Garay from the University of Illinois at Chicago started a BLKBRD listserv post about what was the Best of BbWorld. Here are some of my thoughts:
2. Seeing my long time friends again… and making new ones!
3. SafeAssign – Didn’t see that one coming. Maybe next year we’ll hear that blogs and wikis will be included! 🙂
4. 7.3 Discussion Board enhancements.
5. 7.4 Grade Center looks like a huge improvement for what is one of our most common tools to be used in the system, the gradebook.
6. Malcom Murry’s session on Social Bookmarking.
1. Wireless connectivity. Terrible for a technology conference.
2. Breakfast could have been better.
3. The bingo card that forced you to go to 20 vendors. I agree that is was too many. I would have liked to win the grand prize though… I never win anything! Maybe next time.
1. I sort of like the summer time frame since more of our faculty can attend because they are not teaching classes.
2. I’ve been thinking that a conference in Las Vegas would be a good time. Hopefully the flights and hotel costs will be reasonable. They should be.
See you all next year! 🙂
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment