Filed under: Conferences
It occurred to me today that I should post a generic, “why are conferences beneficial” entry to my blog. To me there are a multitude of reasons that span from networking with peers that have similar interests, experiences, problems, and solutions to discovering best of breed and emerging technologies.
Here is a list of value added reasons for attending conferences in my view:
- Learning from others that have common interests, experiences, problems, and solutions.
- Learning about new products and emerging technologies.
- Learning about how to better leverage our existing tools and discovering best practices.
- Focus on instructional needs and how technology can be used as a lever to meet those needs.
- Learning about the product roadmap, direction, strategy, vision.
- Listening sessions that allow you to share directly with the vendors.
- Meeting and networking with others in the field.
What are your thoughts? Please comment!
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment